The beginning of computer engineering already developed before indonesia independence. Started in 1936, Claude Shannon used Boolean Algebra to make a prototype of digital circuits. It became the base of telecommunication industry
and computer. Then it continues to Atansolf-Berry Computer (ABC) is the first
binary based computer in 1939.
Then in 1995, engineer of ibm made first disk drive. Afterward in 1968, Douglas Engelbart submitted a patent of mouse computer and demonstrated it in San Francisco. Until Microsoft Operating System launch for the first time in 1975 and Apple computer which is made by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak in 1977. It continues to grow significantly until now.
Fields to be studied in Computer Engineering
Basic Science &
Computer Engineering Breadth
Computer Engineering Core
Computer Engineering Depth
History & Decree
Computer engineering major been created since Telkom Institute of Technology Surabaya established, based on Decree of the Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education no. 733 / KPT / I / 2018.
When S1 Computer Engineering Study program, IT Telkom Surabaya was establish, it has 5 institutional lecturer, with at least 1 doctoral lecturer. Rigth now, all of the lecturer have functional position and have skills certification. in 2018, there are 10 active students. in 2019, increased to 41 and in 2020 there are 68 total active students.
Degree and Profile of Graduates of the Computer Engineering Study Program
After graduated and completed Computer Engineering Study Program, Students will get bachelor of computer degree (S.Kom).
The profiles of graduates from the Computer Engineering study
program are engineering experts, entrepreneurs, researchers and academics.
Graduates of the Computer Engineering Study Program
will have following abilities after following this undergraduate program :
- Able to uphold humanity values in carrying out duties based on religion, morals and ethics.
- Able to contribute to improving the quality of life in the community, nation and country.
- Able to show the internalization of academic values, norms and ethics.
- Mastering basic in computer engineering.
- Able to apply knowledge in computing to analyze and design complex devices or systems.
- Able to show independent, quality and measurable performance.
- Able to find the source of engineering problems in computer engineering through the process of analysis, interpretation of data and information based on engineering principles.
- Able to adapt and adapt to a wide variety of new tools and technologies.